He’s been a very busy boy…
As I mentioned in a previous post, Piggy Wiggy is Isla’s favourite cuddly toy and even though there’s been more additions to her cuddly toy collection (including Baa Baa the sheep and Dave the elephant), Piggy has been number one pretty much since he accompanied her to hospital when she had a chest infection.
Isla love looking at photos of what Piggy Wiggy gets up to, so whenever I’ve been able to, I’ve started taking photos of him in various places. He’s been into the office a few times and I’ve also photographed him playing with his friends and she loves it! So here’s more of Piggy’s adventures…
Don’t worry, I’m not a crazy cat lady gone doolally!
It’s a well-known fact that cats love boxes, for whatever reason. Isla also loves boxes and her latest favourite thing to do is to plonk herself down into a cardboard box (or sometimes our washing basket!) with her favourite books and her sippy cup and settle in for a while! Anything that keeps her quiet for a while is fine by me!
Hands down, Isla’s favourite cuddly toy is her Piggy Wiggy we bought her from Sainsbury’s over Easter last year. He goes everywhere with her and she loves giving him kisses, and making us give him kisses!
But we don’t let her take him to nursery with her in case he gets lost or one of the other children throws up on him. So sometimes she takes him in the car with her and then leaves him on the seat when we arrive at nursery.
This whole silliness started because one time she left him in the car when we had that horrible cold, snowy weather a few weeks ago, and I couldn’t have her favourite toy left in the cold car all day while I was at work, what if he got cold, or lonely…?! So I brought him into the office with me for the day, much to the bemusement of my colleagues! I took some silly photos to show her what P.Wiggy had been up to that day and she LOVED them!
Someone suggested I make a photo journal of Piggy’s adventures to show Isla what her favourite toy gets up to in the day, so here it is! Here’s just a few examples of how Piggy Wiggy helps me in the office when he comes in…
On some days I really miss my big pregnant belly, feeling Isla wriggling around in there was magical. For #ThrowbackThursday, here’s a little look at how my bump looked along the way…
At times, having a baby has such a mix of emotions. We’re talking happiness, sadness, drama, fear, laughs, tears – it’s like a 24/7 soap opera! So in honour of the dramatic highs and lows, I bring you…Isla’s very own Soap Awards!
- Best Newcomer: This one is obvious! The day Isla arrived on the scene was the best day of our lives and although she’s still new to the world, she’s grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and is a proper little character, so funny and bright!
- Best Comedy Performance: There are so many contenders for the funniest moment we’ve had over the past year. Isla farting very loudly in the middle of the doctors surgery is one, shouting “DADA!!” at a complete stranger in the middle of the swimming pool is another. But the winner goes to the moment Isla was having bouncy cuddles with her godmother minutes after having her milk. She was passed to godmother’s new boyfriend, who we were meeting for the first time and, well, you can imagine what happened next…😛 sorry Chris!
- Biggest Tearjerker: Luckily we’ve not had too many sad moments with Isla, yes there were tears shed at 3am when Isla had been awake and crying for hours due to colic. And when she cried having her vaccinations it was heartbreaking. But the Biggest Tearjerker was how upsetting it was when she had jaundice in her first 2 weeks. You can see how yellow she was in the photo, and although she didn’t need any treatment, having to take her to hospital for tests when she wasn’t even a week old was horrible. She was so tiny and I hated watching the doctors take blood from her tiny little body.
- Best Supporting Actor: I’ve been very lucky to have a great support system, even though our families live over 100 miles away. So honourable mentions go to both our dads, but hands down Hubs wins this accolade. He’s an absolutely brilliant daddy and husband and when I’ve had a crappy day, always makes me feel better with some reassuring words, cuddles, and of course supplying the wine when it’s been a real shitter of a day!
- Best Supporting Actresses: This one is a double award as both Hubs’ mum and my stepmum have been amazing. We’ve been blessed with plenty of knitted clothes, meals cooked and helpful advice and safe to say, Isla has been spoilt rotten (naturally!) Both Nanas have provided Isla with plenty of wisdom (who knew Alice the Camel had so many humps Nana Jacqui?!) and cuddles, we couldn’t ask for more. Honourable mentions also go to the lovely ladies at Isla’s nursery who have really helped her to thrive and become the happy, sociable little girl she is today.
- Best Soap: This one is for the brilliant ensemble cast, i.e. my wonderful mummy friends. Every new mummy needs mummy friends, ladies who know what you’re going through as they are right there themselves. The ones who you can ask questions about poo as though it’s normal, discuss weaning, compare sleepless nights with, and pitch in to help with explosive poonamis. So thank you ladies, you know who you are, I love you!
- Best Double Act: This award is for the lovely moment Isla climbed up the mirror in our bedroom and came face to face with her twin! She spent ages tapping her reflection and laughing at herself!
- Best Villain: We’re lucky that we’ve not had any reason to give anyone a real slap is past year. Minor offenders include the little sods who knocked Isla over during soft play, the three doctors who dismissed Isla’s eczema as dry skin, and all the people who have mistaken Isla for a boy (grrrr!) So the Best Villain award goes to colic for causing us all such pain and misery in Isla’s first few months of life. Eff you colic, you hurt my little girl, therefore I hate you!!
I often watch Isla and wonder about her future. What will her voice sound like? What interests and hobbies will she take up? What will she be good at in school? And also what career she’ll pursue (if daddy has his way, she’ll be a professional golfer!). After watching her antics, here’s a few ideas of what she might be when she’s all grown up…
Our little girl turns one tomorrow! To mark the occasion, I’ve put together a photo gallery to show how she’s grown over the past 12 months. Yes I’ve become one of those mothers. Sorry not sorry…